The best in portability, functionality, and power
The EinScan H is the most budget-friendly portable scanner that we trust. We recommend this scanner for any small company that wants to expedite their reverse engineering process flow. It’s a portable scanner that captures full-color scans and measures with surprisingly good accuracy.
Scanning a full part might take you a few minutes, and you’ll be left with a perfect 3D CAD model that you can start working with. Unlike other options on the market, the EinScan H offers great usability, portability, speed, and accuracy at a fraction of the cost.
Shining 3D markets this scanner as a great way to scan a person for either a reference model or 3D printing a miniature of them. It uses infrared laser scanners that won’t hurt someone’s eyes during a face scanning, and it has enough precision to capture the hairstyle of the person being scanned.
As an engineer, you might also use this tool for non-destructive testing. The EinScan H offers a low-cost way to get usable models in no time.
A brief look at the technical specifications of the EinScan HX, to understand how it can help with your portable measurement applications.
As low as 0.05mm (0.0020in)
|Volumetric accuracy||As low as 0.05+0.1mm/m|
0.25 mm (0.009 in)
Built-in color camera?
Accuracy of 0.04 mm
Affordability Meets Versatility
The target market for any Shining 3D portable scanner is a company that wants high-quality scans without breaking the bank. The engineers who created EinScan struck a perfect balance between affordability and versatility. These scanners are great options for smaller businesses that want to save time and money in reverse engineering efforts.
The EinScan H is the least expensive portable 3D scanner that we would recommend, and it’s the budget-friendly option in Shining 3D’s catalog. It fits within most budgets, and delivers more than you’d expect.
- Five times as affordable. Other scanners in the category that deliver similar results can cost two to five times more money, making this option a great budget option without any necessary sacrifices.
- Works when other scanners don’t. With a hybrid laser configuration, the EinScan H can scan dark materials and shiny surfaces, unlike other scanners in this price category.
Capture More with Each Scan
It’s hard to find a portable scanner that is as hard-working as the EinScan H. The accuracy might not be metrology-grade, but you can capture color, patterns, textures, and parts with little effort.
- Full-color scanning. Like all Shining 3D portable scanners, the EinScan H captures full color with every scan and automatically includes the colors in each 3D CAD model.
- Work with small or large parts. The size constraints for the EinScan H are much more generous than other comparable scanners, allowing you to do more with a single scanner.
Portable for On-the-Go Scanning
The EinScan H is lightweight, portable, and has a small form factor. It’s a scanner that our 3D scanning team uses when we need to scan parts in the field or travel with a scanner.
- No additional parts for setup. As a handheld scanner, you don’t need any additional cameras, tripods, or visual components to start scanning — simply plug it in and get to work.
- Lightweight and small. At only 703g (1.55 lbs), the EinScan H can be easily carried around. Plus, this handheld scanner fits into a single carrying case that you can take with you on your next flight.