This enhanced version of the Ultimaker Original adds an extra DIY touch to the 3D printing experience. Hackable without limits, our original open-source 3D printer gives you the endless freedom to modify it to your heart’s content. With this DIY kit, you’ll have the most reliable, accurate, and undeniably fun 3D printer around.
There’s a reason why we call it Original – because you get to create your very own one-of-a-kind 3D printer. By building it yourself you learn how everything comes together so you can morph it into whatever you want. It also makes fitting upgrades and doing maintenance really easy.
- Extrusion (FFF, FDM)
Build knowledge while building your printer
DIY-kit allows the user to gain more understanding of how the printer functions, building the knowledge needed for any future upgrades or replacements before the first print has even been completed.
Not your average kit
Even though assembly is required, you can still expect the same phenomenal quality and speed as the assembled Ultimaker 2. Industry-leading specifications like layer resolutions as fine as 20 microns and extrusion speeds up to 300mm/s yield high-quality prints. Hot off the bed The Original+ now includes a heated bed for smoother bottom layers, better adhesion, and ABS printing. Other included improvements are the UltiController user interface system, enhanced electronics for better temperature control, and a redesigned fan cap and feeder wheel for added safety. Affordable and reliable Replacement parts are available at a low cost. The reliable Original+ is low maintenance, and parts are easily interchangeable. Tinker, share, and enhance Open source files are available in the Ultimaker knowledge base. This encourages users to experiment, share ideas and knowledge, and work together to continue pushing the limits of what is possible.
- PLA, Other plastics, ABS
- Metric: 330 x 240 x 300 mm
- US: 13 x 9.4 x 11.8 inches
Extrusion (FFF, FDM…):
- FDM is the most popular and available 3D printing process and is mainly used for lower-priced prototyping and design verification with very fast turn times. FDM or filament deposition manufacturing is the most common type of rapid prototyping technologies. Materials are supplied in the form of filaments which are melted into thin threads which are deposited layer by layer firmly fusing with each other. Infill percentage can be adjusted, so resulting parts can have a variety of densities. It is not recommended to machine FDM produced parts. It has some geometrical restrictions as due to the influence of gravity as supportive material needs to be added to bridges and hanging regions of parts produced this way.
|Technology||Extrusion (FFF, FDM…)|
|Material||PLA, Other plastics, ABS|
|Filament diameter||2.85 mm|
|OS compatibility||Mac OS, Microsoft Windows, Linux|
Why Buy From CAD/CAM Services?
We are one of the only full function Reverse engineering firms in the US. This has given us a very different look on the market for the newest technologies how items are used & produced, along with an unbiased opinion.
- 3D scanning
- Industrial 3D CT scanning
- 3D CAD Engineering Simulation & 3D Design Services
- Generative Design & 3D Print Optimization
- Additive Manufacturing Print Services
- And the sale of the world’s finest 3D printers
- Hewlett Packard Jet Fusion
- Big Rep
- Shining 3D – including metal
- Stratasys – including metal
- 3 Your Mind Enterprise for Additive Manufacturing